Saturday Leadership Academy
Empowering and Mentoring Youth
The following topics will be covered in the workshop sessions:
Job Interview Skills
Teen Pregnancy & Fatherhood
Pursuing Higher Education
The goals of the Saturday Academy are related but not limited to:
1. Provide workshops and information that will strengthen the character and leadership skills of African American males
2. Enhance self-esteem and build confidence in the student's ability to become a productive citizen in our society
3. Encourage participants to attend college
4. Improve communications skills
5. Provide scholarship opportunities for those students
who successfully complete the program
6. Provide letters of reference for students seeking college admission, scholarships or employment
To Access the Orientation and participate, use the link information below:
Microsoft Teams meeting
Join on your computer or mobile app
For typing into the web browser:
Or call in (audio only)
United States, Santa Barbara
Phone Conference ID: 428 388 195#
Please confirm your intent to attend the orientation and interview by calling
Mr. Cooper (Numbers below).
If you do not attend the orientation
and interview, you will jeopardize being admitted to the academy.
All academy classes will be held on Saturday morning starting at
8:30 a.m. and ending at 12:00 p.m.
The classes will be for students only and has a strict attendance requirement.
The weekly sessions will be held online due
to COVID 19 .
No Class March 20, 2021 for Spring Break
If you have any questions, please contact
Mr. Jerry Cooper at (209) 471-3265
Young men will explore themes related to the
The Saturday Leadership Academy (SLA) is a program designed to mentor and encourage young African American males to attend college. This program consists of a 10 week